- We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Who we are
- Decisive IT Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 05726101 with its registered office is at Greenwood House, Greenwood Court, Skyliner Way, Bury St. Edmunds, suffolk, IP32 7GY. We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office with reference ZA192213.
- We are a Whiting & Partners group business and we may share information about usage of our site with other Whiting & Partners group businesses as part of our business processes.
Notification of changes
- We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We reserve the right to amend or vary this policy at from time to time and the revised policy will apply from the date we post it on the site. You accept that by doing this, we have provided you with sufficient notice of any such amendments. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
- This policy is effective from 28 July 2016.
What we collect
- We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type
- your internet service provider and approximate geo-locational information
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- Managing the security of our website
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and this information is therefore transmitted at your own risk.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual directly.
- We use Google Analytics to provide aggregated statistical data about our website visitors’ browsing actions and patterns by providing usage data that helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions; this process does not purposely identify any individual user however it may be technically possible to de-anonymise this analytical information based on the unique usage patterns on the site.
About Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
- Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
- Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
- Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
- You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site.To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit please http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A nominal charge of £10 may be made to cover administrative costs involved in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Decisive IT Ltd, Suite 4, Silverstone House, 46 Newport Road, Woolstone, Milton Keynes, MK15 0AA or emailing us at [email protected].
- If you believe that any personal information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.